[dpdk-dev] eal: DPDK: 18.11.6 version rte_eal_init() function cleans the runtime directory in 5.4.35 kernel

Mohakud, Amiya Ranjan amohakud at rbbn.com
Thu Oct 15 16:43:15 CEST 2020

The primary process does not clear the files ( e.g. /var/run/dpdk/rte/fbarray_*) in case of 4.19 kernel, since the flock() fails. I think, this is correct behavior, since secondary processes rely on those files for their memzone_init().
But in 5.4, the primary process clears these files, which cause secondary processes to fail.