[dpdk-dev] DPDK-VIRTIO- GCP- RSS

kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel kumaraparamesh92 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:13:49 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I tried using multiqueue in DPDK GCP. But I am facing issues where
descriptor index between guest and hypervisor going out of sync. Basically
when device notifies rx but the mbuf cookie at that index is NULL. Please
let me know if there are known limitations in using GCP RSS.

I have two queues configured and interestingly this happens only and always
on queue 1. Few observations that I noticed where in the used idx ring the
descriptors in queue 0 started from 0, meaning used idx 0 had desc_idx 0,
used_idx 1 had desc_idx 1 and so on. But on queue on used_idx 0 had
desc_idx 3814 you or some random value on ring size of 4K. So not sure, if
this is causing the guest and Hypervisor to go out of sync.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Param.