[dpdk-dev] 19.11.4 patches review and test

Pai G, Sunil sunil.pai.g at intel.com
Tue Sep 1 15:22:20 CEST 2020

Hi,

Yes , OVS was using pkg-config even before these patches were rolled out.
But it always used to pick the DPDK shared libs by default for OVS even on using the -Bstatic/-Bshared flags.
These patches from Bruce simplify the process from DPDK side without having the user to specify them.
Moreover, with these patches , the problem of shared DPDK libs always being picked instead of static was not seen any more with a bit of changes from the OVS side as well.
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200707141126.71414-1-sunil.pai.g@intel.com/ .
The patches for ovs-master are ready as well and will them out soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Pai G, Sunil
Sunil