[dpdk-dev] [pull-request] dpdk-next-net-eventdev - 21.05 - PRE-RC1

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 09:15:58 CEST 2021

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 12:12 AM Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net> wrote:

> 12/04/2021 15:20, Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran:
> >   http://dpdk.org/git/next/dpdk-next-eventdev
>
> Pulled, thanks.
>
> Note few changes in titles like uppercases for acronyms,
> or "add support" simplified as "support",
> and release notes moved in the right place.

The ABI check now reports an error on event/dlb.
The reason is that the event/dlb driver has been removed, and so the
check complains about a missing dump.
This will have to be fixed quickly or reverted.

This has been missed by multiple people, so trying to understand why.

The ABI check should have caught this when run by maintainers (/me
looks at Thomas and Jerin).

The CI should have caught it too.
But, v1 did not apply.
For v2, I can see a doc generation issue reported by Intel CI that I
can't reproduce, so it could be just noise.
I can't find reports for Travis or GHA and I could not find in the
robot logs why the series_15708 branch was not created.

Looking at UNH reports:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2021-March/182956.html
But looking at the log:
[2713/2716] Compiling C object
'drivers/a715181@@rte_event_octeontx2 at sta/meson-generated_.._rte_event_octeontx2.pmd.c.o'.
[2714/2716] Linking static target drivers/librte_event_octeontx2.a.
[2715/2716] Generating rte_event_octeontx2.sym_chk with a meson_exe.py
custom command.
[2716/2716] Linking target drivers/librte_event_octeontx2.so.21.1.
Error: cannot find librte_event_dlb.dump in
/home-local/jenkins-local/jenkins-agent/workspace/Ubuntu18.04-Compile-DPDK-ABI/dpdk/build-gcc-shared/install

Is this something that has been fixed since then?

I don't have the main branch/recent series status from UNH, but at
least GHA and Travis are now complaining about ABI.

--
David Marchand