[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-techboard] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-04-21
konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Tue Apr 27 17:07:26 CEST 2021
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-04-21
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday at
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-04-21 @3pm UTC, and will be
chaired by Kevin.
1) eventdev DLB2 -> DLB driver rename
* it could be considered as API/ABI breakage, so should happen at LTS release timeframe (21.11)
* Renaming it back to DLB is possible, but might create a confusion,
when 20.11 LTS and 21.11 LTS will have two different drivers with the same name (dlb).
* Proposal to consider to use new name (idlb) for renaming in 21.11.
2) build: use platform option 'generic' as default one
* Current default option is 'native'.
* To go ahead with such noticeable change need to collect feedback from the community first.
* Techboard preference is to keep 'native' as a default choice.
3) Tech Board Membership Policy
* Agreed that it needs to be clearly defined and better documented.
* Start with codifying current status (AR to Hemant).
* Review existing policies for other open-source projects and come-up
with some suitable proposal for DPDK (AR to Stephen and other members).
4) Linux Foundation interaction
Discussion on current situation and what can be improved in future.
5) DPDK Userspace 2021
Discussed initial thoughts about DPDK Userspace 2021 event.
In current situation it seems premature to consider F2F event for 2021.
Probably safer to plan it as virtual for 2021 and consider F2F one for 2022.
6) Other opens
* More reviews for 21.05 are welcome (as usual)
* examples/l3fwd - looking for maintainer.
More information about the dev