[dpdk-dev] building l2fwd-crypto example from Makefile

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Feb 8 17:37:02 CET 2021

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 12:46:50PM +0330, mirzaei.reza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem to build l2fwd-crypto example using its Makefile. I
> build it using Makefile according to this [1] tutorial, when i run the
> compiled file using the following command:
>
> ./l2fwd-crypto -l 1 -n 4
> --vdev="crypto_aesni_mb,socket_id=0,max_nb_sessions=128" \
> -- -p 1 --cdev SW --chain CIPHER_HASH --cipher_algo "aes-cbc"
> --auth_algo "sha1-hmac"
>
> I get the follwing error:
>
> EAL: Detected 16 lcore(s)
> EAL: Detected 1 NUMA nodes
> EAL: FAILED TO PARSE DEVICE "CRYPTO_AESNI_GCM"
> EAL: UNABLE TO PARSE DEVICE
> 'CRYPTO_AESNI_GCM,SOCKET_ID=0,MAX_NB_SESSIONS=128'
> EAL: ERROR - EXITING WITH CODE: 1
>   CAUSE: INVALID EAL ARGUMENTS
>
> Could anyone help me to solve this problem?
>
> It's worth to noting that when i build it using meson and ninja as the
> following, it works successfuly.
>
> meson -Dexamples=l2fwd-crypto build
>
> Thanks in advance

As well as the response David provided which is pretty comprehensive, I
have just today hit some similar issues when trying to run a shared-linked
DPDK app, even when DPDK was installed system-wide. If you install DPDK in
e.g. /usr/local on your system and still see issues, can you perhaps test out
patch http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/87823/ and see if it helps.

Regards,
/Bruce