[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 21.02-rc3
yux.jiang at intel.com
Tue Feb 9 09:11:55 CET 2021
Update the test status for Intel part. Validation test are almost finished.
# Basic Intel(R) NIC testing
* Build or compile:
*Build: cover the build test combination with latest GCC/Clang/ICC version and the popular OS revision such as Ubuntu20.04, CentOS 8.3, CentOS Stream 8, etc.
- All passed.
*Compile: cover the CFLAGES(O0/O1/O2/O3) with popular OS such as Ubuntu20.04 and CentOS 8.3.
- All passed.
*PF(i40e, ixgbe and igb): test scenarios including RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test are done. Only 1 bug is found. 4 issues found in RC2 are fixed in RC3.
*VF(i40e, ixgbe and igb): test scenarios including VF-RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All passed except known issue. No new issues are found.
*PF/VF(ICE): test scenarios including /Switch features/Package Management/Flow Director/Advanced Tx/Advanced RSS/ACL/DCF/Share code update/Flexible Descriptor, etc.
- All test are done. No new issues are found. 4 issues about QinQ found on RC2 are fixed in RC3.
* Intel NIC single core/NIC performance: test scenarios including PF/VF single core performance test, RFC2544 Zero packet loss performance test, etc.
- All passed. The performance is consistent with RC2.
* Power and IPsec:
* Power: test scenarios including bi-direction/Telemetry/Empty Poll Lib/Priority Base Frequency and so on.
- Not test yet.
* IPsec: No test due to there's no codes changes.
# Basic cryptodev and virtio testing
* Virtio: both function and performance test are covered. Such as PVP/Virtio_loopback/virtio-user loopback/virtio-net VM2VM perf testing/VMAWARE ESXI 7.0u1, etc.
- All passed except known issue. 4 Virtio related issue are fixed in RC3.
*Function test: test scenarios including Cryptodev API testing/CompressDev ISA-L/QAT/ZLIB PMD Testing/FIPS, etc.
- All passed.
*Performance test: test scenarios including Thoughput Performance /Cryptodev Latency, etc.
- The performance is consistent with RC2.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dev <dev-bounces at dpdk.org> On Behalf Of Thomas Monjalon
> Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 4:29 AM
> To: announce at dpdk.org
> Subject: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 21.02-rc3
> A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
> There are 80 new patches in this snapshot.
> Release notes:
> Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
> You may share some release validation results by replying to this message at
> dev at dpdk.org.
> The -rc4 should include only critical bug fixes, doc and tooling.
> Please think about sharing your roadmap for DPDK 21.05.
> Thank you everyone
More information about the dev