[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 11/02/2021

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Feb 11 12:36:49 CET 2021

Meeting minutes of 11 February 2021

* Release Dates
* -rc3 status
* Subtrees
* Opens

* Canonical
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Nvidia

Release Dates

* v21.02 dates
   * -rc3 is released on Friday, 5 February 2021
     * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/5305610.D7H1GXTtC2@thomas/
   * Release pushed to   *Sunday, 14 February 2021*

* v21.05 draft dates, please comment:
   * Proposal/V1:    Thursday, 18 March
   * -rc1:           Thursday, 15 April
   * Release:        Friday, 14 May

   * Reminder of roadmaps for 21.05.

-rc3 status

* Intel sent test results, validation almost completed, all looks good:
   * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/8a317b8958854b6fbdf1af323345cf12@intel.com/

* IBM and Red Hat sent test results for -rc2, both looks good:


* main
   * Not much patches in the backlog
   * Waiting tested platform patches from all vendors
     * Marvell not sent yet
     * Does it make sense NXP to send one?
   * John will help on the release notes

* next-net
   * No update after -rc3, patches are going in directly to the main repo

* next-crypto
   * No update, no patch in backlog for release

* next-eventdev
   * No update

* next-virtio
   * No update

* next-net-mlx
   * There was a patch, pulled directly to main repo

* next-net-brcm
   * No update

* next-net-intel
   * Two patches pulled directly to main repo

* next-net-mrvl
   * No update, there are Marvell patches but they might be for next release


* v19.11.7
   * Christian Ehrhardt started working on it.

* v20.11.x
   * Luca will work on it.

* There are some patches waiting response from authors to backport to LTS.
   LTS maintainers are contacted for the backport, some of the components waiting
   for response is as following, please check:
   * hns3, mlx4/5, ice, bnxt


* Coverity issue solved, can assign issues now

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.

More information about the dev mailing list