[dpdk-dev] [dpdklab] Re: [dpdk-ci] [CI] SPDK compilation failures @ DPDK community lab

Zawadzki, Tomasz tomasz.zawadzki at intel.com
Fri Feb 12 10:18:04 CET 2021

Hi,

As Aaron noted this was result of rte_ethdev depending on rte_net.
On SPDK side rte_net was included in default compilation with vhost component, but since vhost is disabled in the UNH lab tests with SPDK it showed up as missing. A fix for that is now submitted to SPDK:
https://review.spdk.io/gerrit/c/spdk/spdk/+/6398
I'll let you know when it makes it's way to the v21.01.x branch.

@Brandon Lo General question, is there particular reason to disable vhost [configure argument '--without-vhost'] in the UNH lab tests with SPDK ?
I don't recall any identified issue and enabling it would increase the coverage of the compilation tests.

Thanks,
Tomek