[dpdk-dev] [SPDK] Re: [dpdklab] Re: [dpdk-ci] [CI] SPDK compilation failures @ DPDK community lab

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 11:15:53 CET 2021

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 10:56 AM Nick Connolly
<nick.connolly at mayadata.io> wrote:
> > Rather than maintain dpdk internal dependencies on SPDK side, would it
> > be possible to use pkg-config?
> Hi David,
>
> Are the DPDK pkgconfig files intended to work for Windows builds?

I cannot find a test linking an example for Windows out of meson.

I don't know what the best solution is for linking an application
against DPDK for Windows.
Cc'd dpdk windows maintainers.

> I've had a quick look and as far as I can see the dependencies are
> listed correctly,
> but I was less convinced by the use of -Wl,--whole-archive which is
> specific to the
> GNU linker (Clang/Link configuration requires a sequence of
> -Wl,-wholearchive:<library>).

One of the reasons is to avoid statically linked drivers being dropped
by the linker when no explicit reference exists.

--
David Marchand