[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 21/01/2021
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Jan 21 13:04:00 CET 2021
Meeting minutes of 21 January 2021
* Release Dates
* -rc1 status
* Red Hat
* v21.02 dates
* -rc1 is released on Tuesday, 19 January 2021
* -rc2 Friday, 29 January 2021
* -rc3 Friday, 5 February 2021
* Release pushed to *Wednesday, 17 February 2021*
* Release date may conflict with Chinese New Year, we need to discuss and
define the release date offline in the mail list, please comment.
* Need to finalize the 21.02 release date on the mail list.
* pmdinfogen will be switched to python implementation, CI / testing
infrastructures should prepare themselves for the 'pyelftools' dependency.
The patchset to verify the infrastructure in advance:
* No testing result received yet.
* Two build errors detected, virtio for Arm and mingw cross build.
* There are built errors with -rc1
* Arm virtio build error, asked for help
* Mingw cross builds, with older versions of compiler
* Build related updates can continue for -rc2
* Applied changes were mostly for Arm
* New build options can be added
* pmdinfogen python rewrite not merged for -rc1, but planned for -rc2
* This may break the CI / test infrastructures because of 'pyelftools'
* This has been called out many times, will merge at this point
* Intel power management series
* Partially merged, ethdev & eal part merged, power library part is
* power library get a new version
* Thomas has concern about the power library design, it looks like
designed for a specific case and not generic
* Currently there is not better suggestion, will proceed if no
there is no objection
* Header check patchset merged partially
* ABI checks, some exceptions added
* Exceptions should be reviewed carefully
* We lost Travis automated ABI checks
* There is github actions checks but it is not sending reports back to
* There is a work going on for reporting
* Authors either check ABI themselves or explicitly check the github
actions test results for it
* Can check automated test from:
* Is ring library refactoring work stalled? Arm will check.
* Following ehtdev patches not able to make the -rc1 and postponed to next
* ethdev: introduce representor type
* last version sent late for -rc1
* add apistats function
* Not clear if this is right approach, more comments required
* Also there are some ethdev patches from previous releases, they need to be
cleaned up, most probably will be done in next release.
* For -rc2, there are
* octeon_tx endpoint driver
* ionic set
* various driver and testpmd fixes
* patchsets that first version sent after -rc1 will get less priority
* There is new compressdev PMD for the -rc2
* Also an ABI break discussion is going on
* no update
* The big refactor set work is going on
* Plan is to merge it for -rc2 if it is ready
* Intel vhost example review is going on, planned for -rc2
* There are some concerns on Alibaba's PIO mapping patch
* Not able to test but there is potential issues
* Struct packing series has less priority against the refactoring sets,
and can wait the refactoring sets to be merged first.
* -rc1 looks OK
* A couple of patches already merged for the -rc2
* A few more is expected
* A few fixes in the backlog
* mvpp2 is expected for the -rc2
* v18.11.11 is released
* This is the last release of the 18.11 LTS, thanks to all contributors
* Luca will start working on patches
* Kevin will step down from the 20.11 LTS maintainership, volunteers are
* Coverity scans are automated but not able to assign defects
* Milestone doc is still pending
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK
If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev