[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] release candidate 21.08-rc1

Kalesh Anakkur Purayil kalesh-anakkur.purayil at broadcom.com
Wed Jul 21 13:31:33 CEST 2021

All,

The following is a list of tests executed with 21.08-rc1:

- Basic functionality:
  Send and receive multiple types of traffic.
- testpmd xstats counter test.
- RSS tests.
- VLAN filtering tests.
- Rx Checksum tests
- TSO tests.
- MTU and Jumbo frame tests
- Changing/checking link status through testpmd.
- Unicast/multicast MAC filtering tests
- VXLAN/Geneve Rx CSO, TSO, RSS tests

One issue was observed and we have pushed a fix for that too. We don't see
any critical issues.

Regards,
Kalesh

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net> wrote:

> A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
>         https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v21.08-rc1
>
> There are 517 new patches in this snapshot.
> This release cycle is short and should be small.
>
> Release notes:
>         https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_21_08.html
>
> Highlights of 21.08-rc1:
>         - Linux auxiliary bus
>         - Aarch32 cross-compilation
>         - Arm CPPC power management
>         - Rx multi-queue monitoring for power management
>         - XZ compressed firmware read
>         - Marvell CNXK drivers for ethernet, crypto and baseband PHY
>
> Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
>
> DPDK 21.08-rc2 is expected in less than two weeks.
>
> Thank you everyone

Kalesh A P