[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 25/02/2021

Ruifeng Wang Ruifeng.Wang at arm.com
Mon Mar 1 03:57:31 CET 2021

I don't know if the issue on main is really resolved.
It happened when OBS job was scheduled to thunderxt88 hardware. The issue looks like compiler flag related.

>      * Centos 7 has different error
>        *
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:bluca:dpdk/CentOS_7/aarch64/dpd
> k/_log

Issue on CentOS 7 is because compiler being too old.
Some log here:
[  173s] Compiler for C supports arguments -march=armv8.1-a+crc+crypto: NO
[  173s] Compiler for C supports arguments -mcpu=thunderx2t99: NO

This was discussed in earlier release status meeting. I think the conclusion was to ignore this failure.
https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2020-November/192374.html