[dpdk-dev] 19.11.4 patches review and test

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Mar 22 15:27:19 CET 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 1:25 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net> wrote:

> 22/03/2021 12:59, Luca Boccassi:

> > > If this is what is needed to ensure OVS can continue to use this release
> > > series, then I am absolutely fine with it.
> >
> > This was requested by OVS, so if they don't need it anymore it's fine
> > by me as well
>
> I am not sure to understand the full story,
> but I am a bit worried that our release is dictated by
> a single "user" (project using DPDK).

Sure, fair to ask for more detail :-)

> Please do you have links of discussion history?

I ordered the events by time and added links to those occasions that I
could find:

July 2020            - Initial request by OVS - *1
July 2020            - Initial queuing     -
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/stable/2020-July/024248.html
September 2020 - Issues identified; changes reverted    -
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/stable/2020-September/024796.html
October 2020      - Re-applying early in 19.11.6 cycle    - *1
November 2020  - Tests didn't spot it with 19.11.6 as OVS 2.14.x (not
the 2.13 LTS) was tested    -
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-19.11/rel_notes/release_19_11.html#id16
March 2021         - Same issue re-found in >=19.11.6    -
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/stable/2021-March/029418.html

*1 - Luca and I looked for logs, there are no links that I'd know of
and Luca said it might have come up as a request during a meeting.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server