[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-04-07
maxime.coquelin at redhat.com
Thu May 6 17:38:38 CEST 2021
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-04-07
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday at
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-04-21 @3pm UTC, and will be
chaired by Konstantin.
1) Linux Foundation
* Technical board to request the Linux Foundation to provide a backup
solution for the dpdk.org infrastructure
* AI: Hemant to bring the request at the next governing board
2) Security team extension
* We have 3 outstanding vulnerabilities in the queue
* Security team members don't have enough time to handle them, and needs
* Cheng Jiang from Intel, who has experience in contributing to the
Vhost library, volunteers to join the team
* The technical board voted for Cheng Jiang to join the team, and
welcomes him in his new role
3) Experimental APIs
* Lots of internal APIs are being exported in the different libraries
* AI to the trees maintainers to reduce what is being exported.
4) Testing Leader's role documentation update
* Aaron is working on it
* AI Aaron to send the patches the web at dpdk.org mailing list
5) DTS usability
* Honnappa found someone at ARM to review DTS, with the goal of
analyzing whether it is easy to use DTS for new features
* Feedback is being captured in document .
* First meeting on 2021-04-28 at 1PM UTC at https://meet.jit.si/DPDK
5) KNI status
* KNI is moving to a dedicated repository with the goal of eventually
* Some people are still using it though, so alternatives are needed
* Virtio-user PMD is mentionned as an alternative for the exceptionnal
datapath, with reported performance being on par with KNI but without
any OoT drivers
* AI Ferruh to update the KNI documentation to mention it is going to be
deprecated and that its use is not recommended. Also to add a link there
to the "Virtio-user as exceptionnal datapath" guide
More information about the dev