[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-Oct-20
konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Mon Oct 25 16:32:13 CEST 2021
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-Oct-20
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday at
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-Oct-27 @3pm UTC, and will
be chaired by Maxime.
1) DTS proposal discussion 
TB agreed on following roadmap for DTS:
a) DTS adoption:
- DTS framework will be merged to DPDK repository
- existing DTS test-cases will be uploaded to DPDK repo on step by step basis
(submit a patch to dpdk.org, review, accept).
- All communication regarding new DTS framework will go through dev at dpdk.org
mailing list and will follow usual DPDK policies.
- existing DTS repository and mailing list will remain available for legacy purposes.
Concern was expressed regarding that due to companies internal policies,
DTS code adopted to DPDK will be matter of extra scanning (legacy, security, etc.).
Need to figure out what are exact requirements for this scanning (AR to John Mcnamara).
b) Patch submission changes:
When new feature is added to DPDK a test-case(s) have to be provided along with it
(either with DPDK UT, or DPDK DTS frameworks).
When new DTS test-case is required:
- Same patch series will contain patches for both DPDK and DTS.
- DTS patches will follow DPDK patches review/accept policy.
c) Patch backporting changes:
- DTS patches will follow DPDK backporting policy
- Any backporting of the DPDK patches should also backport the DTS changes (if there are any).
2) DTS framework adoption timeframe and resources
- There are few people working on it half of their time, but more help is needed.
2-3 extra people working 50% of their time on that task would be ideal.
- First DTS related patches are expected in 22.02 timeframe.
- 22.11 as preliminary target for DTS framework adoption
3) DTS framework maintainer
- Need to talk with current DTS maintainer -
is Lijuan ok to also maintain DTS framework within DPDK (AR to Honnappa)
- Would be good to have at least one more maintainer for DTS
(better coverage/split load, etc.).
4) GPU library / DWA library inclusion
Separate TB meeting is scheduled to cover that topic.
Date: Wednesday, October 27th
Time: 3pm UTC
Backup On IRC libera.chat #dpdk-board
More information about the dev