[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-08-25

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Fri Sep 10 16:25:46 CEST 2021

Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-08-25

Members Attending: 11/12

- Aaron Conole

- Bruce Richardson

- Ferruh Yigit

- Hemant Agrawal (Chair)

- Honnappa Nagarahalli

- Jerin Jacob

- Kevin Traynor

- Maxime Coquelin

- Olivier Matz

- Stephen Hemminger

- Thomas Monjalon

NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday on  https://meet.jit.si/DPDK  at 3 pm UTC.

Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.

Agenda and minutes can be found at https://annuel.framapad.org/p/r.0c3cc4d1e011214183872a98f6b5c7db

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-09-08 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Honnappa

#1 DPDK User list

                * Eco system user list required.

                * A survey may help in generating such list.

                * LF Marketing may also help in getting such list generated from public info.

#2 API/ABI breakage exception approval for vhost API

                - The policy is that one should not break the API/ABI even for LTS releases without previous notification. Exception can be approved for LTS.

              - In this particular case, they shall try to do function versioning. AI- Ferruh to send response.

#3 Documenting criteria on adding/removing members to technical board

    * Document needs further reviews, please review.

    * Will set a deadline for the document review in next meeting.

    * Need clear rules for the review of existing members membership.

#4 ORAN API License

    * ORAN forum is planning to use SCCL license in the API file. Will that be acceptable for DPDK integration?

    * Members need more details. Currently distros may not favor it as it may cause issue in source code distribution.

    * Need to discuss more if TB can send it for review by DPDK GB.

More information about the dev mailing list