[dts] [PATCH v2 0/5]Add vhost-user and vhost-cuse one vm sample case
qian.q.xu at intel.com
Mon Jul 13 08:59:49 CEST 2015
This patchset will enable vhost-user and vhost-cuse sample one-vm performance ca ses based on the virtualization framework. The vhost-user's implementation is ba sed on vhost user socket, while the vhost-cuse is via IOCTL messages.
The patchset includes below things:
1. Vhost-user sample automation has 4 cases: one VM with dpdk fwd, one VM with d pdk fwd with jumboframe enabled, one VM with legacy fwd, one VM with legacy fwd with jumboframe enabled.
2. Vhost-cuse sample automation has similar 4 cases as above.
3. The required qemu version fo vhost-user is >=qemu2.2
4. The one-vm has 2 virtio, and the vhost has binded to one physical port.
5. update qemu_kvm.py to support vhost-cuse.
6. vhost_cuse_sample.cfg and vhost_sample.cfg are the config file for references .
1. Remove unnecessary codes and debug codes.
2. use pep8 to align the codes format.
3. minor update about the core numbers of vhost usage. Set 1S/3C/1T as default core setting for vhost to get best perf.
4. change the vm core numbers to 2cores in the config files.
Qian Xu (5):
add vhost-cuse implementations for virtio pci device
add vhost-cuse sample config file for reference
add vhost-user sample config file for reference
add vhost-cuse one vm sample
add vhost-user one vm sample test
conf/vhost_cuse_sample.cfg | 14 ++
conf/vhost_sample.cfg | 14 ++
framework/qemu_kvm.py | 22 +-
tests/TestSuite_vhost_cuse_sample.py | 455 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
tests/TestSuite_vhost_sample.py | 428 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5 files changed, 932 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 conf/vhost_cuse_sample.cfg
create mode 100644 conf/vhost_sample.cfg
create mode 100644 tests/TestSuite_vhost_cuse_sample.py
create mode 100644 tests/TestSuite_vhost_sample.py
More information about the dts