[dts] DTS system requirements

john miller john.miller at atomicrules.com
Fri Dec 2 18:20:19 CET 2016

Hi All,

We are setting up a system that will be our “DTS Tester”.  In the DTS documentation under System Requirements it indicates that the supported tester NICS are "Intel® 82599 (Niantic) NICs”.

"The board assigned to be tester should be installed the latest Fedora distribution for easily installed DPDK Test Suite required python modules. Tester board needs plug at least 2 x Intel® 82599 (Niantic) NICs (2x 10GbE full duplex optical ports per NIC) in the PCI express slots, then connect these four Niantic ports to the DUT board and make sure the link has been started up and speed is 10000Mb/s.”

We would like to use the Intel X710DA2 NIC’s instead, so my question is, are these NIC’s also supported in DTS ?

Also, we are planning on using ubuntu 16.04, is that a supported host for the DTS tester ?

Thank you,
-John