[dpdk-moving] [Topics]

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 16:55:17 CEST 2016

Hello FF,

First, let's share what we have already.

Also, if he is not yet here, we should invite Mike Dolan and Laura
Kempke to join this list.

I have attached the last draft I saw of the LF budget proposal, plus
various other artifacts that were presented and discussed last time around.

Budget proposal:
https://docs.google.com/a/linuxfoundation.org/spreadsheets/d/1-3686Xb_jf4FtxdX8Mus9UwIxUb2vI_ppmJV5GnXcLg/edit?usp=sharing

>From Laura Kempke:
> A few things to note:
>
> 1/ Column B includes basic expenses. (I assumes you want to keep the summits in San Francisco and China and took a guess at their budgets. The numbers don't include sponsorship or registration revenue.)
>
> 2/ Column C has thoughts on additional items you could consider. Most of those services can be scaled up or down, and of course you can go with some and leave others. My objective in including them is to let you know they're available if you need them.
>
> 3/ The legal expenses are placeholders.
>
> 4/ I assumed $300K in revenue.
>
> Would it be helpful to discuss this early next week?

Attached: slides that Mike Dolan presented on the value of the LF in
December 2015. Old, but potentially relevant.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338