21.11.3 patches review and test

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Tue Dec 13 12:48:39 CET 2022

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 12:30 PM Kevin Traynor <ktraynor at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 21.11.3.
>
> The planned date for the final release is 19th December.
>
> Please help with testing and validation of your use cases and report
> any issues/results with reply-all to this mail. For the final release
> the fixes and reported validations will be added to the release notes.
>
> A release candidate tarball can be found at:
>
>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v21.11.3-rc1
>
> These patches are located at branch 21.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

Hi Kevin,
testing 22.11.3 builds and a bunch of workloads and stressing things
under Ubuntu 22.04.
TL;DR: for what I ran all LGTM, no regressions found (but I only have
a small subset of HW and use cases, I hope others will reply as well
later this week).

V: 21.11.3~rc1-0ubuntu0.22.04.1~jammyppa1

1.0.0 (08:19:13): phys (BM) tests
  1.1.0 (08:19:13): initialize environment
    1.1.1 (08:21:02): testpmd  => Pass
    1.1.2 (08:23:07): check testpmd output  => Pass
2.0.0 (08:23:07): prep virtual test environment

1.0.0 (08:25:37): virt tests
  1.1.0 (08:25:37): initialize environment
3.0.0 (08:27:02): performance tests
  3.1.0 (08:27:02): prep benchmarks
  3.2.0 (08:27:24): performance tests
    3.2.1 (08:27:32): test guest-openvswitch for OVS-5CPU  => Pass
    3.2.2 (08:46:45): test guest-dpdk-vhost-user-client-multiq for
OVSDPDK-VUC  => Pass
4.0.0 (09:06:10): VUC endurance checks
  4.1.0 (09:06:10): prep VUC endurance tests
    4.1.1 (09:18:48): start stop guests (client)  => Pass
    4.1.2 (10:31:22): add/remove ports (client)  => Pass
  4.2.0 (10:40:52): Final cleanup

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Senior Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server