[dpdk-dev] Manage DPDK port capability via KNI

Tim Deng dpdkdev at 126.com
Wed Feb 25 10:55:57 CET 2015

Thanks Danny,
That means DPDK ports have to have dedicated control path other than KNI.

I originally got confused by the statement at http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/kernel_nic_interface.html:
"...Allows management of DPDK ports using standard Linux net tools such as ethtool, ifconfig and tcpdump."
Thanks,
Tim