[dpdk-dev] Mellanox PMD failure w/DPDK-2.1.0 and MLNX_OFED-3.1-1.0.3

Olga Shern olgas at mellanox.com
Fri Oct 9 00:27:32 CEST 2015

Hi Bill,

Starting from DPDK 2.1 ConnectX-3 PMD is based on “accelerated verbs”,  ibv_exp_create_res_domain is coming from this new API.
Just to make sure I understand what you are doing:  you have enabled SRIOV and you are running DPDK on hypervisor on the probed VFs that you have created, right?
We did test this combination (dpdk2.1 and ofed3.1-3)on hypervisor on the PF and also on VM on VF, but in fact, I didn’t try to run DPDK on the VFs on hypervisor, I will check this.
Meanwhile, can you please send the output of the application on the start up.  Do you see any errors in dmesg?

Best Regards,
Olga