[dpdk-dev] DPDK 2.2 build failing with vhost-kni

chintu hetam rometoroam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:09:02 CEST 2016

Thanks Xie.

I am trying to test FreeBSD-9.3-virtio as guest. Somewhere in the forum i
found virtio-kni combination reaching around 2.7 Gbps performance, which is
enough for my test, though i dint find equivalent driver performance
characterization for qemu-vhost user space combination.
Also, as per nics-2.2 user guide, "Linux kernel with KVM module; vhost
module loaded and ioeventfd supported. Qemu standard backend without vhost
support isn’t tested, and probably isn’t supported",which is bit different
from vhost user space support,but still..

Just to be sure vhost user space = qemu virtio backend- tap-linux-bridge
configuration, as per nics guide, right?

Thanking in advance, again.