[dpdk-dev] DPDK 2.2 build failing with vhost-kni

chintu hetam rometoroam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:57:26 CEST 2016

I tried vhost-user mode, and during init of ./vhost-switch it fails
with
PMD: eth_ixgbe_dev_init(): port 0 vendorID=0x8086 deviceID=0x1528
pf queue num: 0, configured vmdq pool num: 64, each vmdq pool has 2 queues
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: Cannot initialize network ports

it's failing in port_init function, and it seems from
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-1.8/rel_notes/resolved_issues.html

this has to with ixgbe checking for eeprom pba parameters. is that correct,
coz rebuilding ixgbe 4.3.13 by disabling those lines dint help either?

i tried enabling configure
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_ETHDEV_DEBUG=y
 but still i don't see the log messages under /var/log nor on stdout?

just to keep ball rolling i'd like to see at least kni compiling and
working.

FYI, i am using X540-AT2

cheers