[dpdk-dev] Regarding DPDK installation

Vivek Gupta vivek-g at hcl.com
Tue Mar 22 14:53:13 CET 2016

Hi

>Do you just want to compile DPDK or really install it?Where do you want to install DPDK?
I want to install DPDK into {$HOME}/dpdk   downloaded tar ball.

> The install directory is not specified in this command.
 After your suggestion i used as
make config T=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc DESTDIR=install

and it successfully creates a install directory and libraries into it.
Doing so would require any change for RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET?

Thanks && Regards
Vivek Gupta