[dpdk-dev] [opnfv-tech-discuss][apex][ovsnfv]Problem showed up with OVS/DPDK with Cisco VIC adapter

John Daley (johndale) johndale at cisco.com
Thu Oct 20 20:49:19 CEST 2016

Hi,
Please see inline.
Thanks,
john

In a UCS fabric, all frames between the VIC and the Fabric Interconnect will be tagged. This is required to carry both VLAN information and, being a converged adapter supporting both Ethernet and FCoE, traffic class. For non-UCS fabric deployments, there is currently no way to turn off egress priority tagging on the VIC adapter. If a packet being sent from DPDK to the enic PMD is priority tagged (VLAN=0) or has no VLAN tag, the default VLAN tag (as set up in CIMC/UCSM manager) will be inserted.  This should only be an issue with C-series UCS servers connected point to point or through a switch that can't cope with priority tags. Is that the case here?