[dpdk-dev] Hotplug support for VFIO

Burakov, Anatoly anatoly.burakov at intel.com
Thu Feb 2 13:05:48 CET 2017

Hi Eelco,

Please forgive me my ignorance on this matter, but doesn't it work at the moment? I would assume that if regular PCI hotplug works (with igb_uio), then so would hotplug with VFIO, as it basically utilizes the same PCI infrastructure igb_uio does. That said, I'm not aware of any patches submitted that had to do with VFIO and hotplug, so I guess the answer is, not at the moment.

Thanks,
Anatoly