[dpdk-dev] technical board meeting, 2017-06-07

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Wed Jun 7 13:18:48 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 12:45:43PM +0300, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to remind the question about 'external dependencies'
> and off-by-default policy for the new features.
>
> Currently, I'm interested in adding libnuma as a general dependency
> for LIBRTE_EAL as suggested by Sergio Gonzalez Monroy in discussion
> of balanced allocation of hugepages.
>
> Most recent patchset located here:
> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-June/067337.html
>
> It fails to build on the test servers right now because of not
> installed libnuma-devel package.
>
> Previous discussion was in this thread:
> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-April/063442.html
>
> Maybe you can add this topic to agenda?
>
> Unfortunately I'll not be able to join the meeting, but I'd
> like to hear your opinions and read the discussion log and
> meeting-minutes later.

Thanks for bringing this up again.

Rather than taking the incremental approach to bolting on new features
to our build system, please see the RFC I've just submitted to take the
"nuclear option" and try and wholesale replace our config and build with
better alternatives, and give us a more standard build approach.

Please take the patch for a test-drive and let me know what you think.

Regards,
/Bruce