[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 29/8/2019
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Aug 29 17:11:08 CEST 2019
Minutes 29 August 2019
* Release Dates
* V1 Status
* Red Hat
* v19.11 dates:
* Proposal/V1 Friday 06 September 2019
* Integration/Merge/RC1 Friday 11 October 2019
* Release Friday 08 November 2019
* Marvell, Intel & Arm has sent roadmaps, thanks,
everyone planning to contribute in this release please send roadmaps
to help planning.
* V1 deadline is one week away, already 750+ patches in patchwork
* From roadmaps it looks like this will be a relatively big release
We may need to think about ways to make it on time, like community
wide 'Reviewathon' to increase the review rate etc...
* Only a few patches has been merged
* There are two new PMDs, 'ppfe' from NXP and 'hns3' from Huawei
* Stable trees
* v17.11.7-rc1 is ready for testing:
* RedHat and Mellanox test report looks good, Intel testing is going on
* Yongseok won't be able to continue to 17.11 LTS maintainership,
Thanks for all his contributions to DPDK as LTS maintainer and developer!
* We are looking for a 17.11 LTS maintainer for two more releases
* Backporting going on, Kevin will create the -rc in next couple of weeks.
* 2.12 close to release, will be using DPDK 18.11.2
* OvS conference planning going on
* There are still coverity issues needs fixing
* Luca reminded that, after this release 'meson' will be default build system
So any remaining gap in 'meson' should be identified and fixed in this release
* Discussed briefly if performance improvements should be backported to LTS
or not, high level suggestion was it can change from case to case but if the
change only for performance and invasive, it may not be backported
* There is patch to run unit tests in travis, good to see there will be
automated unit test runs, we should increase our unit test coverage too
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev