[dpdk-dev] Question about DPDK hugepage fd change

Iain Barker iain.barker at oracle.com
Wed Feb 6 14:57:48 CET 2019

> Can you use 1G hugepages instead of 2M pages or a combo of the two, not sure how dpdk handles having both in the system?

Unfortunately, no. Some of our customer deployments are tenancies on KVM hosts and low-end appliances, which are not configurable by the end user to enable 1G huge pages.

I think we are going to have to revert this patch set from our build, as I don't see any other alternative for using DPDK 18 whilst remaining compliant to the POSIX/glibc requirements.