[dpdk-users] dpdk - for video frames too ?
ranshalit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:14:00 CET 2015
I hope you can assist me on the following debate.
I need to develop a driver/application which capture and output video
frames from PCIe device , and is using Intel cpu (i7), Centand Intel's
media sdk server framework for the video compression.
I am not sure what will be a better choice between the following 2 options:
1. application which use dpdk for capture and output to the PCIe device
2. v4l driver for the PCIe device
dpdk is supposed to be able to read/write from PCIe device too.
I tried to see the prons/cons of dpdk compared to v4l.
prons of dpdk, as I understand them:
1. userspace application (easier debugging compared to kernel
debugging of v4l device driver)
2. supposed better performance
cons of dpdk compared to v4l:
1. I could not find examples for PCIe device usage , or samples for
showing how application (such as media sdk) use dpdk video frames.
Thank you for any feedback on the matter,
More information about the users