[dpdk-users] Capture EAL Output For Logging

Cliff Burdick shaklee3 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:21:31 CEST 2016

Hi, if I have my own logging mechanism, is there a way to capture the EAL
output, especially on startup? The best way I can think of is to open a
pipe to a child process that reads from stdout, and logs from there, but
that seems like somewhat of a hack. I've seen patches that seem like they
may be useful here:

http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2013-May/000139.html

But I believe this just lets you change the syslog facility while the
console messages still go out. I would like to silence EAL to the console
completely, and instead send each line to my custom logger. Has anyone does
this?