[dpdk-users] Multiple applications
johnpearson555 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:18:50 CEST 2016
I have eth0 and eth1 physical NICs and four core cpu. I am trying to run
KNI along side of a dpdk application.
I setup the hugepages: 2MB * 1024.
- Both eth0 and eth1 are bound to dpdk.
- build a switch like program to pass packets between the dpdk NICs.
- ran this: `./dpdkapp -c 0x0f -n 4 -- dpdkapp.conf`
- dpdkapp is working as intended.
- I also want to use the regular linux programs like, ping, traceroute and
- I ran the sample KNI application in the examples directory.
- ran this: `./kni -c 0x0f -n 4 -- -P -p 0x1 --config="(0000:00:01,0,1)"`
- KNI application is working as intended.
Now when I want to run both these applications at the same time:
- `./kni -c 0x0f -n 4 --socket-mem=1024 --proc-type=primary -- -P -p 0x1
- `./dpdkapp -c 0x0f -n 4 --socket-mem=1024 --proc-type=secondary --
I get this error:
EAL: memzone_reserve_aligned_thread_unsafe(): memzone <RG_MP_mbuf_pool_0>
RING: Cannot reserve memory
Could not allocate packet MBuf pools
I even tried to make dpdkapp primary and kNI secondary, but I get same
More information about the users