[dpdk-users] Cannot reset RX stats manually on i40e driven NIC

János Pauer janos.pauer at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 15 12:20:18 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have faced the following issue:
I have an i40e driven XXV710 card. I would like to do multiple interval traffic measurements in one go.
The problem is, that if the RX and TX queues are handled by the same port of the same card, then the
"rte_eth_stats_reset(uint16_t id)" function only resets the TX statisctics. If I use separate ports for ingress
and egress traffic, the reset function is working. Does anyone know a solution for this?
Am I missing a known limitation?
Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you and Regards,
János