[dpdk-users] Mechanism to increase MBUF allocation

Neeraj Tandon (netandon) netandon at cisco.com
Wed May 17 05:27:50 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was able to increase mbuf and make it work after increasing the socket
memory. However I am facing an issue of SEGfault in driver code.
Intermittently after receiving sometimes few million packet at 1 Gig line
rate the driver does a segment fault:
(eth_igb_recv_pkts+0xd3)[0x5057a3]

I have net_e1000_igb driver with two 1 Gig ports on it.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointer  to debug driver .

EAL: Detected 24 lcore(s)
EAL: Probing VFIO support...
EAL: VFIO support initialized
EAL: PCI device 0000:01:00.0 on NUMA socket 0
EAL:   probe driver: 8086:1521 net_e1000_igb
EAL: PCI device 0000:01:00.1 on NUMA socket 0
EAL:   probe driver: 8086:1521 net_e1000_igb

Regards,
Neeraj