[dpdk-users] KNI vhost support has been removed from 17.05

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Mon Nov 20 20:19:07 CET 2017

On 11/20/2017 1:34 AM, Zhao, Bing wrote:
> Hello Yigit,
>      I searched from the Internet about the KNI vhost support. And from
> your slides "Interworking with the Linux Kernel" in Dublin, 2016, it is
> said that the support was planned to be removed because no user use it.
> And from the release notes of 17.05, it is mentioned, as title, the
> support is removed. I searched the archive mails and only limited
> information could be found. So it there any technical discussion about
> this? And will this be added back in the future or removed forever?

Hi Bing,

There was no discussion, but also there was no comment to the patch that removes
the support, nobody objected it.

The KNI vhost is from times there was no vhost support exists, now it is
possible to use vhost.

And there is no plan to put it back. Are you an user of that feature?

Thanks,
ferruh