[dpdk-users] Help with QinQ insertion on i40e

Raul Negreiros rauln at cpqd.com.br
Thu Sep 14 19:15:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to insert QinQ in the packet using the offload feature, but
unfortunately I'm unsuccessful.

These are my steps:
- On device configuration configuration:
- call 'rte_eth_dev_set_vlan_offload' with the following flags:
ETH_VLAN_STRIP_OFFLOAD, ETH_VLAN_EXTEND_OFFLOAD;
- call 'rte_eth_dev_set_vlan_ether_type' twice with the inner and outer
types.
- On packet processing:
- set the PKT_TX_QINQ_PKT flag on 'ol_flags' attribute;
- fill the 'vlan_tci' and 'vlan_tci_outer'.

Did I miss something?

Obs: My interface's driver is i40e and the DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_QINQ_INSERT flag
is
active on tx capabilities.

Obs2: I've found on 'drivers/net/i40e/i40e_ethdev.c' the following comment:
"Apply double-vlan setting, not implemented yet" in i40e_dev_init_vlan
function.
May it means that actually is not possible to use QinQ insertion with this
driver?

Best regards,

Raul Negreiros