[dpdk-users] RSS hash based on L2 (src mac, dst mac) on Intel 82599 NICs

Alex Kiselev alex at therouter.net
Tue Dec 18 19:45:11 CET 2018

I think I should describe the problem I am trying to solve.
I am looking for a way to use RSS for PPPoE traffic.
Using RSS calculation based on L2 is one way. It can be
done using specific x710 API. And it looks like the DDP
is event a better way to do so, but it's also supported
only on intel 700 series NICs. So, I am looking for
a solution to spread PPPoE flows to different queues
on x520 or mellanox NICs.