[dpdk-users] Why kickfd from qemu is zero in qemu-dpdk vhost-user architecture?

杨晔 yangye at ict.ac.cn
Sun Jul 15 10:21:13 CEST 2018

Sure.

Here is my code. In virtio_net.c of dpdk.

uint16_t
rte_vhost_dequeue_burst(int vid, uint16_t queue_id,
        struct rte_mempool *mbuf_pool, struct rte_mbuf **pkts, uint16_t count)
{
        struct virtio_net *dev;
        struct rte_mbuf *rarp_mbuf = NULL;
        struct vhost_virtqueue *vq;
        uint32_t desc_indexes[MAX_PKT_BURST];
        uint32_t used_idx;
        uint32_t i = 0;
        uint16_t free_entries;
        uint16_t avail_idx;

        dev = get_device(vid);
        if (!dev)
                return 0;

        if (unlikely(!is_valid_virt_queue_idx(queue_id, 1, dev->nr_vring))) {
                RTE_LOG(ERR, VHOST_DATA, "(%d) %s: invalid virtqueue idx %d.\n",
                        dev->vid, __func__, queue_id);
                return 0;
        }

        vq = dev->virtqueue[queue_id];

        uint64_t val = 0;
        int res = eventfd_read(vq->kickfd,&val);
        if(res != 0)
        {
            RTE_LOG(INFO, VHOST_DATA, "res:(%d)\n", res);
            return 0;
        }
        if(val > 0)
            RTE_LOG(INFO, VHOST_DATA, "(%llu)\n", val);
        else
            return 0;

}

I just want to use the kickfd from qemu and guest kernel, and change backend DPDK'mode from polling to interrupt.