[dpdk-users] DPDK 17.05 does not find X510 card

Rosen, Rami rami.rosen at intel.com
Mon Jun 25 11:35:59 CEST 2018

Hi Martin,

There is info about VFIO and IOMMU for DPDK in the
Linux Getting Started Guide:
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/linux_gsg/index.html

Generally, you need to follow section 8.1.3 for IOMMU:
8.1.3 Linux boot command line

If it wants to use VFIO, use the following additional grub parameters:
iommu=pt intel_iommu=on
And follow section 4.2 (VFIO)
For VFIO you need modprobe vfio-pci

And use it with --bind  when running the dpdk-devnbind.py script.

Regards,
Rami Rosen