[dpdk-users] Is it possible to use multiple ip fragmentation table?

Sungho Hong maverickjin88 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:44:42 CET 2018

Hello DPDK experts,

I am trying to allocate multiple ip frag table for each rx-queue.
For example,

   for loop of rx-queues per logical cores

   if ((rxq->frag_tbl = *rte_ip_frag_table_create*(max_flow_num,
                        IP_FRAG_TBL_BUCKET_ENTRIES, max_flow_num,
frag_cycles,
                        socket)) == NULL) {
       return -1;
   }
    rxq->pool = *rte_pktmbuf_pool_create*(buf, nb_mbuf, MEMPOOL_CACHE_SIZE,
0, RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE, socket);

   for loop end

However I could only create 1 fragmentation table and get the segmentation
fault when I try to allocate the second frag-table for the logical core.

Is it impossible to use multiple frag-table for DPDK?
Because I wanted to avoid a global fragmentation table due to
synchronization issues.