[dpdk-users] i40e vPMD fix out of order Rx read issue

Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China) Gavin.Hu at arm.com
Thu Jul 25 11:56:38 CEST 2019

Hi Qi,

I am working on optimizing the i40e vPMD on aarch64 and I see this patch relevant.
Could you illuminate what issue this patch was fixing?
I understand the PMD works at the driver layer, for delivery of L2 packets.
It does not own the responsibility to keep order(the responsibility lies with the protocol stack, like TCP)?

http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/16665/

Best regards,
Gavin