[dpdk-users] i40e vPMD fix out of order Rx read issue

Zhang, Qi Z qi.z.zhang at intel.com
Thu Jul 25 14:11:01 CEST 2019

Hi Gavin:

	in vPMD, we read 4 or 8 packets as batch, we count DD bits for packet received, but not check the if they are continues or not, we assume it should always be 1000, 1100, 1110, 1111 ....(take batch size is 4 as example)
	while the out of order read instruction generated by compiler will cause driver to get un-continues DD bits, like 1011, the descriptor on the hole actually is invalid since when it is read , descriptor is not write back yet, but we still process this as 1110, it cause an corrupted mbuf returned.

	hope this is helpful.

Regards
Qi