[dpdk-users] net/mlx5 statistics related

benli ye danielbenliye at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:12:57 CEST 2019

Dear Mellanox experts,

I am running DPDK 18.11.0 performance test with mlx5 PMD driver on device ConnectX®-4 Lx EN <http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_ConnectX4LxEN>. Our own DPDK app (a Load Balance app) is used and UDP 64 bytes is generated by tester.
We found that when we generated about 2.6Mpps UDP traffic for 1 core and 2 port setting testbed, our app starts to drops packets. However, the strange issue is we cannot see any imissed or error statistics from DPDK layer.
I saw the Mellanox test performance result in https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_11_Mellanox_NIC_performance_report.pdf <https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_11_Mellanox_NIC_performance_report.pdf> and how do you find packet lose? Is there a bug in statistic calculation in DPDK or there is another way to trace packet drop?
Retrieve DPDK statistics is also used for Intel NIC and the behavior is right. it should not be wrong for our usage in our own app.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks very much!

Bests,
Daniel Benli Ye