[dpdk-users] RSS distribution of Encapsulated packets
andrey.chilikin at intel.com
Tue Jun 11 10:58:15 CEST 2019
There could be a few solutions, depending on how your encapsulation is implemented:
* flexible payload to extract up to 16 bytes from the packet for RSS: works for L2/L3/L4 payloads
* special configuration of L2 tags: works for headers with the specific Ethertypes
* Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP): reprograming parser to understand new L2/L3/L4 protocols
From: users [mailto:users-bounces at dpdk.org] On Behalf Of sasidhar reddy
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 12:29 PM
To: users at dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] RSS distribution of Encapsulated packets
Our application needs to process encapsulated packets(Custom encapsulation,
adding our proprietary header to packets). NIC RSS is not distributing the
packets across all the cores(queues) setup. Packets are always landing in a
single core(default core). We are not looking at software based
distribution due to scalability.
1) Is there any way to use RSS/VMDQ to serve this purpose at NIC?
2) Can we configure NIC to perform round robin distribution?
We use XL710 NIC
More information about the users