[dpdk-users] RSS distribution of Encapsulated packets

sasidhar reddy sasidhar.yellaturi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:29:23 CEST 2019

Hi,
Our application needs to process encapsulated packets(Custom encapsulation,
adding our proprietary header to packets). NIC RSS is not distributing the
packets across all the cores(queues) setup. Packets are always landing in a
single core(default core). We are not looking at software based
distribution due to scalability.

1) Is there any way to use RSS/VMDQ to serve this purpose at NIC?
 2) Can we configure NIC to perform round robin distribution?

Note:
We use XL710 NIC

Regards,
Sashi