[dpdk-users] CX4-Lx VF link status in Azure

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Thu Mar 26 22:31:52 CET 2020

On 3/26/2020 12:00, Benoit Ganne (bganne) wrote:
> Just removing the over-strict check in mlx5 PMD is enough for everything to work fine:
> https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/26152/1/build/external/patches/dpdk_20.02/0002-mlx5-azure-workaround.patch
[...]
>  2) mlx5 PMD enforce that both link speed is defined and link is up to update interface state

The original commit introducing this logic is:
http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=cfee94752b8f8f

I would say that the first issue is a lack of comment in this code.

Second, as Benoit said, we should relax this requirement.
If the link speed is unknown, a second request can be tried, no more.

Benoit, feel free to submit a patch showing how you think it should behave.
Otherwise, I guess a maintainer of mlx5 will try to arrange it later.
Note: a patch (even not perfect) is usually speeding up resolution.

Thanks