[dpdk-users] CX4-Lx VF link status in Azure

Benoit Ganne (bganne) bganne at cisco.com
Fri Mar 27 11:02:13 CET 2020

> Second, as Benoit said, we should relax this requirement.
> If the link speed is unknown, a second request can be tried, no more.
> Benoit, feel free to submit a patch showing how you think it should
> behave.
> Otherwise, I guess a maintainer of mlx5 will try to arrange it later.
> Note: a patch (even not perfect) is usually speeding up resolution.

I can do that, but I am not sure I understand the logic of this test to begin with: looking into other PMD (mlx4, i40e), it seems to be the only one worrying about updating link state only when "ready" for some not clear (to me) definition of "ready".
I'll tend to agree with other PMD here: if the syscalls did not failed we should just update with what we know.
Why was this test introduced and what did it fixed?

ben