[dpdk-announce] release candidate 18.02-rc2
thomas at monjalon.net
Thu Feb 1 04:05:25 CET 2018
A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
The release notes have been updated:
What's new in RC2?
- rawdev device class
- ethdev port ownership
- reciprocal divide 64-bit
- faster memory barriers on x86 and ARM
- default ring sizes increased to 1024 in apps
- VLAN offloads disabled by default in testpmd
- experimental tags and automatic check
- meson build system (beta)
and a lot of driver changes...
It is a big release candidate (338 patches),
but next one is expected to include only
some bug fixes, tooling or documentation updates.
RC3 could be out on Tuesday February 6.
Thank you everyone
Reminder: meet-up at FOSDEM on Saturday (SDN/NFV devroom)
More information about the announce